Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Chamber of secrets


STORY BEHIND THE PICTURE
I always wonder about the presence of arches in most of the historical buildings here in INDIA. This picture was taken at the King's fort. Even though the buildings have become pale and broken, the essence of the fort is still there. Myself and my friends were wondering why they have built so many large chambers with a small entrance. Only after enquiring the local people, we came to know that the chambers were built for accomodating the horses. One chamber for every horse, wow. You can spot the small entrances on the right side in this picture. Imagining hundreds of knights running out from these chambers brings me a collosal feeling. I wish I could go back to the past to see this king's rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comment here.